"She tutored both my daughters in the humanities prior to them going to public school. She was an inspirational teacher and mentor. Her intelligence, broad education and natural teaching flair ensured that all the sessions were both beneficial and good fun. She always prepared and structured each tutorial to make best use of the time. My girls were always stimulated, challenged and engaged."
Griffin and Bell Education provides bespoke consultancy services to parents who are looking for guidance and advice in a range of academic situations. We work with a network of consultants to ensure that you are always introduced to the person who is qualified to help.
Here are just some of the areas in which we specialise. Please don't hesitate to call our Hampstead office to let us know about your particular situation.
If you need help preparing your child for their school entrance exams, we can advise on everything from the most suitable schools for the student, to the nuances and differences between the exam papers for each school. We can help to prepare a roadmap for each stage of the process, and guide you from start to finish. See our consultancy package options below.
Our advice can then be used as a springboard for a tailored course of private tuition which Griffin + Bell can arrange, to ensure that any weakness in the student's knowledge and understanding have been covered, and their exam technique has matured.
Whether via our school entrance courses, consultancy services, or simply through the attention of effective tutors, our first aim is to bring clarity to an area that can so often confuse and overwhelm parents, and to open up a clear path ahead.
If you are planning to come to live in London or elsewhere in the UK, and you would like to discuss the best way to prepare your child for entrance into the school system, please contact us to discuss the ways in which we can help. We have particular expertise in this area.
Throughout the course of a student's academic career, all kinds of challenges may arise. Few will be more important than navigating the years leading up to university, and ensuring that the right choices are made. These choices will lay the foundation for the student's future. Griffin + Bell can provide as much help as you might need.
Should you need to speak to a specialist or a child psychologist, we can make recommendations to ensure that you have access to the advice and the expertise that you need. We also represent tutors who have experience working with a range of special educational needs, who can provide lasting
support for students once a way ahead has been established.
SCHOOL ENTRANCE CONSULTANCY OPTIONS
School Entrance Strategy
- One hour's consultation to discuss the UK school system, its entrance procedures and
requirements. Discussion of potential school choices.
- One hour's expert assessment of abilities in English.
- One hour's expert assessment of abilities in Mathematics and thirty minutes’ assessment of
abilities in reasoning.
- One hour’s follow-up consultation in which the assessment results are discussed, along with a
strategy for ongoing tuition if required. Appropriate schools for the student will be shortlisted.
Advice will be given on registration for the schools and general preparation for admissions processes.
School Entrance Strategy + Tuition Plan + Resource Pack
- All of the stages of Option 1 are included (see above).
- The parent is provided with detailed notes regarding exam dates and deadlines.
- The parent is provided with a framework of objectives, advice and a timetable of progress which they may
use to guide the tutor’s preparation. A personalised reading list will be provided along with a guide to the
best resources to use for school entrance preparation.
School Entrance Strategy + Tuition Plan + Resource Pack + Full Assistance with School Registration
All of the services from Options 1 and 2 are included (see above), but the consultant also takes care of
the admin involved in the school entrance process. This may include:
- Phoning admissions offices to obtain information (especially in the case of late entries or special
- Filling out registration forms and composing cover letters where required.
- Scanning documents to the admissions office.
- Booking open days or arranging private visits where required.
- Providing a timetable of dates, deadlines and appointments and assistance in meeting these.
International Clients: Full School Entrance Service + Ongoing Consultancy Support
All of the services outlined in Options 1-3 are included. In addition, the service will include:
- Support in understanding the differences between the UK school system and syllabi and other systems
- A constant point of contact in London for your admin requirements.
- A consultant to act as your UK representative in discussions with school admissions offices.
- Guidance regarding residential tuition to take place wherever you are based in the world.
£2400 + expenses
The following additional services are charged by the day:
- A consultant who can accompany you to schools or make visits on your behalf.
- Consultancy advice at your home wherever you are based in the world.
- Expert advice as to how the student can improve their English and reach the appropriate level for
£500 per day + expenses