"She tutored both my daughters in the humanities prior to them going to public school. She was an inspirational teacher and mentor. Her intelligence, broad education and natural teaching flair ensured that all the sessions were both beneficial and good fun. She always prepared and structured each tutorial to make best use of the time. My girls were always stimulated, challenged and engaged."
Griffin and Bell Education provides bespoke consultancy services to parents who are looking for guidance and advice in a range of academic situations. We work with a network of consultants to ensure that you are always introduced to the person who is qualified to help.
Here are just some of the areas in which we specialise. Please don't hesitate to call our Hampstead office to let us know about your particular situation.
If you need help preparing your child for their school entrance exams, we can advise on everything from the most suitable schools for the student, to the nuances and differences between the exam papers for each school. We can help to prepare a roadmap for each stage of the process, and guide you from start to finish. See our consultancy package options below.
Our advice can then be used as a springboard for a tailored course of private tuition which Griffin + Bell can arrange, to ensure that any weakness in the student's knowledge and understanding have been covered, and their exam technique has matured.
Whether via our school entrance courses, consultancy services, or simply through the attention of effective tutors, our first aim is to bring clarity to an area that can so often confuse and overwhelm parents, and to open up a clear path ahead.
If you are planning to come to live in London or elsewhere in the UK, and you would like to discuss the best way to prepare your child for entrance into the school system, please contact us to discuss the ways in which we can help. We have particular expertise in this area.
Throughout the course of a student's academic career, all kinds of challenges may arise. Few will be more important than navigating the years leading up to university, and ensuring that the right choices are made. These choices will lay the foundation for the student's future. Griffin + Bell can provide as much help as you might need.
Should you need to speak to a specialist or a child psychologist, we can make recommendations to ensure that you have access to the advice and the expertise that you need. We also represent tutors who have experience working with a range of special educational needs, who can provide lasting
support for students once a way ahead has been established.
SCHOOL ENTRANCE CONSULTANCY OPTIONS
Academic Assessment and Feedback
- 2 hours’ academic assessment covering English, Maths and Reasoning (when required)
- A detailed written report covering strengths and weaknesses, tuition strategy, school selection and resources
- Support finding the right tutor as needed
In-depth Academic Assessment and Feedback
- One hour's consultation to discuss the UK school system, its entrance procedures and your family’s requirements, and initial discussion of potential school choices
- One hour's expert assessment of abilities in English
- One hour's expert assessment of abilities in Mathematics
- One hour’s expert assessment of abilities in Reasoning and interview skills
- One hour’s follow-up consultation in which the assessment results are discussed, along with a strategy for ongoing tuition if required. Appropriate schools for the student will be shortlisted. Advice will be given on registration for the schools and preparation for the admissions processes